Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Joy...!!!




I was listening to the Intro session to Living Beyond Yourself (Beth Moore Bible Study) and at the end, she read a quote from George Bernard Shaw, and said it was found in
Rick Warren's book, 'Purpose Driven Life. ' I wanted to find the quote, so I did some searching, and found the full quote:


This is the true joy in life, the being used up for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devotes itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950).

I liked the quote, and although it gave me a noble definition of where we should find joy, I was looking for more.... an answer to the lingering questions in my mind. And then I found this quote:


Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls - Mother Teresa (1910-1997)


And for me, this closed the loop. Our joy draws others to us, to find the source of our joy. And that source needs to be in Him, in loving Christ, laying down our lives in service to him, focusing not on our grievances and happiness, but on Him, and His larger purpose.


Have a blessed, and joyful, day!


Adrienne













1 comment:

Cindy said...

Great post. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

BTW, I tagged you at my place, but only if you want to participate and have the time.